- Cakes are NOT provided unless specifically requested and invoiced. Otherwise parents must bring cake themselves.
- Don’t let a cake smash be Baby’s first exposure to cake! It’s sticky, it’s weird! Unless they have had cake or cupcakes before they will spend a good portion of the Cake Smash trying to figure it out and/or get away from it. If you really want Baby to be excited – let them have cake on 2 – 3 other occasions so when they see it they recognize and DIG IN!
- Fondant cakes are lovely but not at all smash-able. The icing is very hard and not particularly tasty – these cakes will literally bounce! Buttercream or even better WHIPPED icing is most successful for Cake Smashes.
- White, yellow, or other pale colored cake photographs much better than chocolate.
- Unless you’re planning a zombie vibe – avoid red icing as it tends to look a little gory after a few minutes!
- Make sure to bring a sippy cup for water. Cake smashes are a thirsty business!
- You may certainly bring a fancy or themed cake but homemade is just fine as well – it’s going to get smashed ! If you decide to purchase a cake, may I highly recommend Sweet Dreams Custom Cakes by Kelsey Griffin. Clients consistently rave about her cakes and customer service.